Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Lights Are On, But Nobody's Home

Thank you G6 for your creative and amusing title. It has been put to good use.


what's with flashing or honking friends as you drive by? I was at an intersection off of 306 this afternoon when I heard wild honking. I whipped my head around and shrieked to my kids, "what?! what is it? Do I have a flat? Did I run over a streimel? was it a streimel on a head? Is there a cop honking me? who is it? who is it?"

My kids stopped talking and just stared at me. I had a wild look and my whipping around flipped my shaitel into my mouth, and the ends got caught on my sunglasses. I was frightful looking.

Thank you to my friend who doesn't call me but feels the need to honk like a meshugana when she sees me.

OR...
flashing someone from behind them. I was waiting to turn a corner, when a minivan pulled up behind me, like really, really close behind me. then she started flashing her headlights. First I thought, "Are my lights on but they shouldn't be? Are my lights off when they should be on? Did I go through a red light? Was I suppose to turn?"
then I got annoyed and thought, no way is that female flashing her brights because I didn't make the left turn when there was a five second break between the 18 wheeler and the school bus. She must be kidding! I was really irked and distracted, then my youngest shouted, "Hey Ma! It's your friend _____!!"

when I drive, I drive. I flash my brights if it is 8:45 and getting dark and oncoming traffic doesn't have their lights on.

And I honk when someone is walking with their back to the traffic three feet off the shoulder. Or when I pull into a driveway to pick someone up.

You want to talk to me? great! CALL ME ON THE PHONE!!


now come up with a title for this post

5 comments:

G6 said...

A) Hysterical post
B) Stop being so lazy and title your own posts! It shows creativity and ingenuity.
C) Here's a title for you (I'm such an enabler) - "The Lights Are On, But Nobody's Home..."

citizen of brooklyn north said...

thank you ma'am for your creative input. I like enablers.

Anonymous said...

Is this a Monsey thing? Here in Passaic no one ever honks at me. Or do you think maybe I have no friends? I do get a polite wave now and then...

free dating service said...

Very creative I love it!

citizen of brooklyn north said...

tesyaa, I am sure Passaic has it's share of transplanted Brooklynites. They bring their awful driving habits with them wherever they go...